End of Week One

End of Week One
A Happier and Haler Rusty-Farian

Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Week's End

Well, Rusty had his nails taken WAAAAY in yesterday, after a very long 2.25 mile walk. Neither he nor Skally were very cooperative with the ladies at the salon, but once I had left, they were marvelous.

Afterward, we went to the park where Rusty began to show his colours as a herder; he took on two puppies that were racing about - infringing on his lounging territory, as it were, and he got up and began to manage them. It was intriguing to see him in action - of course, it was slightly glompy - insofar as his ability to move quickly, but he served the purpose. He's beginning to take on some tasks and feeling pretty darn good about them.

He is beginning to enjoy the yard. It would seem he is not liking the idea of the doggie door - if I am not there, then he won't use it - I need to hold it open and then he begrudgingly uses it. Not sure what to do on this on. I tried treats, but still nothing - Cubby & Syd took to it so fast. But then, they were outside so much of the time, and had also been members of the pack for years. Perhaps, soon, Skally will take him under her muzzle and force him to use it.

This morning he was quick and moving through the walk very well. Of course we did it later than usual, and he is sniffing more. There is still hair coming from him that demonstrates more brushing is required, but his shape and all that is coming through nicely. His coat and skin are beginning to show great lustre.

He is still my little shadow - but it is Skally who shares the bed with me, and moves my body about at night so I wake up in odd configurations - with her laying perpendicular, and me as well, in the morning light. I had no idea I was such a pushover in my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment