End of Week One

End of Week One
A Happier and Haler Rusty-Farian

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Oh My!

Well, so much has happened!

1. Rusty is using the doggie door.
I would come home, let him out, and voila! There wasn't the urge to rush out as there had been in earlier weeks! I was troubled, and thought, perhaps, he had been piddling away in some nether region of the house. Then, Saturday last, I heard a sound - a click. I thought it was the doggie door, but was too busy to investigate. Rusty was missing, though, and while I was in the kitchen, he is usually entranced by thoughts of food. How odd for him to be missing! Then I heard that 'click' sound again, and Rusty came around the corner. 'Hmmmm!' I thought. Later, I actually saw him following Skally out the door. And I went out, too (through the sliders, you ninny!) to look at the yard, covered with leaves. I went back in and closed the door. Not 2 minutes later, but Rusty came romping in through the doggie door! Hallelujiah! Later in the week, I came home to discover Rusty missing. I searched all around the house, but to no avail. I then went outside and here he came, galumphing from the back of the yard where all the trees are. He came bounding up the stairs and into the house. I am sooooo pleased!

The other night, Skally and Rusty packed to thwart off another dog who was trying to play with me. Skally hasn't run about so much in ages! They were both so tired!

Earlier in the month, we went to visit Mum. The ride was much nicer as they are now comfortable with each other, and try not to tread on each other's toes. They had a wonderful time walking, enjoying the beaches, and just relaxing. They were happy, though, to get back home.

Rusty has continued to lose weight, and he is quite the social fellow. Skally is demure, coy and has once again become affectionate with me - something I missed terribly - she was angry over the loss of her solitude - but they make a lovely couple.

We're happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment